Ready Gunner Working from the Holster Class
The Ready Gunner Working from the Holster Class is the next logical step in learning defensive handgun skills after learning the basics. This class teaches students to safely and deliberately present the firearm from the holster and onto target while following proper safety guidelines. Once a student has achieved the certification from completing this class, students can use the Ready Gunner Range for the continued practice of working from the holster.
All students must meet the following requirements before attending the Ready Gunner Working from the Holster Class.
- Own their own defensive firearm and a proper holster. For the purpose of this class, and the safety of other students, we only allow on the hip strong side holsters, preferably Kydex or a blend of leather and Kydex.
- Have attended a Ready Gunner Basic Handgun Class.*
- Be able to keep the finger straight and maintain muzzle consciousness at all times while shooting.
- Have electronic hearing protection. Students can bring personal hearing protection or rent it from Ready Gunner.
- Have adequate eye protection.
- Wear a hat, such as a baseball hat.
- Wear a t-shirt with a high collar.
- Not wear open toed shoes.
1066 S. State St.
Orem, UT 84097
For additional info please call.
Phone # 801-607-5363
*If potential students have not attended a Ready Gunner Basic Handgun Class, students may bypass this requirement if they can demonstrate proficiency in the basics of firearms manipulation with an adequate knowledge of the four basic firearm safety rules. Students must show their proficiency to the instructor prior to taking the class. It will be the instructor’s decision alone if potential students can show proper safety protocols.
Items of Note
After completing the Working from the Holster Class, we highly recommend students to continue training and developing skills by attending Ready Gunner’s Intermediate and Advanced Handgun Courses, and Advanced Tactics Classes.
If you are interested in attending the Working from the Holster Class, but you have not previously attended a formal type of basic handgun training, we highly recommend attending the Ready Gunner Basic Handgun.
Once a student has completed the Working from the Holster Class and has earned the certification, it is at the instructor’s or Ready Gunner Range Staff’s discretion to revoke said certification. Certification will be removed if the student shows a lack of proper safety protocol with repeated warnings from a Range Safety Officer.
|Date & Time||
Wed April 26th, 5pm-9pm, Tue May 23rd, 5pm-9pm