Intermediate Handgun Course
Intermediate Handgun This is the next logical step in training after the Basic Handgun class. After learning the basics of grip, stance, sight picture, sight alignment, and trigger control the students should continue in their practice and training to become more comfortable in the skills learned. The skills taught in the Intermediate Handgun class will be how to rapidly acquire a target while making a conscious decision whether or not it is a threat, and the +1 methodology of shooting (which is deliberate decision making to only shoot as long as you have a valid lethal force threat). Instruction will also include how to step, move, and follow through while defensive shooting. As this class progresses the students will finish up with exercises in malfunction clearances and the beginning stages of working from the holster. Required items to take this class:
- The student should own their own defensive handgun.
- The student must have a minimum of 3 magazines for a semi-automatic, if a revolver a minimum of three speed loaders.
- The student must have electronic hearing protection.
- The student must have proper eye protection.
- Student must have a hat with a bill.
- The student needs to wear a shirt that will not allow hot brass down the shirt collar.
- 100 rounds of Full Metal Jacket training ammunition.